Ask the Consul provides responses to frequently asked questions relating to consular issues.
American Citizen Services (ACS)
Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV)
- How do I apply for my student visa to study in the United States?
- FAQs about Nonimmigrant Visa Refusals
- Always be open and honest about your purpose of travel
- The Most Reliable Information about Visas is on Official U.S. Government Websites
- Applying for children other than my own
- Pending Immigrant Visa (IV) can I qualify for a Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV)
Immigrant Visa (IV)
- How Long Can a Lawful Permanent Resident Remain Outside of the United States?
- How Do I Regain My Lawful Permanent Resident Status?
- What Do I Do If My Green Card Has Expired or Is Expiring?